Full stack marketer, Amanda C. Hill, is a talented multimedia designer that thrives when wearing many hats in fast-paced hybrid roles. A versatile senior professional, she prospers in collaborative environments and is driven by producing state-of-the-art solutions and delivering high-quality results. Amanda reliably leads diverse teams through the ideation and execution of client-focused campaigns on deadline. Her life-long goal is to inspire creativity and re-energize teams to think outside-the-box.
Savannah College of Art and Design
Master of Arts: Design Management (Product Development/UX/UI)
Honors Fellowship, GPA: 3.8, Graduate program ranked in Business Week’s World’s Best Design Schools
University of North Carolina
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Graphic Design and Business Administration
Cum Laude, Honorary Recruitment Spotlight, GPA: 3.7
Wake Technical College
Associate of Arts: Visual Communication, Design
Dean’s List, GPA: 3.6
Adobe Creative Cloud, AdWords, Asana, Basecamp, Constant Contact, Get Response, Google Analytics, HootSuite, HTML, HubSpot, Jira, MailChimp, Marketo, Microsoft/Mac OS, Pardot, SAAS, Salesforce, SEO/SEM, Sketch, SproutSocial, Trello, WordPress, Wrike, Ziflow, Zoho
March of Dimes, Salvation Army, Austin Pets Alive, Young Musicians Foundation
Agile PM Methods
The Association for Women in Communications, Young Women’s Alliance, Leadership Development Series, American Marketing Association, Samaritan's Purse, Young Musicians' Foundation, Austin Pets' Alive, Salvation Army
Events, Conferences and Tradeshows
Nationals Gold Homebuilding Marketing Innovation Award, Paragon National Gold, Silver, and Bronze Marketing Awards, Selected as American Greetings Fellow for Taylor Swift Line
Independent Freelancer/Consultant - Marketing Strategist | Creative Director | UX/UI Designer
ACH Studios: Integrated Marketing + Design; Austin, Tx.
5/08 – Current (14 years total; 3 years full-time)
• Clients include: Creative Circle, The Creative Group, Rose International, Cosential, Your Performance People Coaching, Dragonfly Dog Bowl, National Financial Partners, Austin Chamber, Hahn Public, Acute Financial/Noble Capital, Planview, Click Ascent, Razberi, Calavista, RetailMeNot, WellCare, Aquanta Inc., Cushman & Wakefield, Oxford Commercial, and more.
• Strategically plans, executes and runs 360 campaigns for product launches, promotions, awareness and lead generation activities across all consumer channels.
• Designs and writes copy for traditional and multimedia advertising, print, digital and social campaigns; including direct, email, web, radio, TV, PR, etc.
• Art directs and styles photo/video shoots, hires talent, hair and makeup artists, creates and manages shoot schedules and directs day-of-shoot operations.
• Writes scripts for videos, radio shows, commercials and spots, directs designers, copywriters, photo/videographers and editors throughout the production process.
• Analyzes competitive landscape, including new and existing marketing components, products/software to pinpoint trends and opportunities for optimization and growth.
• Leverages quantitative/qualitative data sources to track performance and insights into key metrics to make recommendations for improving clients' leads acquisition programs based on findings, market research, audience, segmentation and industry best practices.
Marketing & Creative Manager
National Western Life Insurance
3/20 – 1/22 (2 years)
• Led development and refinement of brand’s image, tone, positioning, messages, and creative designs.
• Brand planning, including development of marketing mix and strategies for segmented audiences across all channels to increase brand-interaction and drive sales.
• Directed go-to-market planning and execution of campaign components in collaboration with creative team, project owners, and lines of business.
• Developed weekly/monthly/annual brand email/marketing/messaging strategies and monitored performance to make necessary updates and improvements to enhance user experience.
• Assessed infrastructure needs and implemented best practices to scale creative development, workflow and project volume, fostering growth of staff and culture.
• Designed deliverables for multimedia, digital ads, email, collateral, sales tools, as well as internal communications, ensuring that all assets adhere to brand standards.
Marketing, Advertising, & Creative Manager
Austin Community College District
8/18 – 1/20 (1.5 years)
• Led, managed, and directed the marketing services team, including: designers, writers, web developers, photographers, videographers and vendors to facilitate collaboration, design thinking, strategic ideation, and the execution of customer focused campaigns.
• Energized team to develop best-in-class, award-winning creative solutions, and supported their execution of these ideas by continually researching trends, strategies and new technology that challenged them to be forward thinking.
• Envisioned concepts with interdepartmental teams for 360 campaigns and provided strategic guidance, problem solving and re-alignment throughout production to meet project requirements and timelines.
• Collaborated with cross-functional team leads to develop effective and results driven products by experimenting, monitoring, measuring, and iterating based on findings to maximize KPIs.
• Drove and evolved expression of ACC brand, while maintaining the highest possible standards for effective content, design and UX/UI experiences across all platforms.
• Assessed infrastructure/staffing needs and implemented best practices to scale creative development, workflow and project volume, fostering growth of staff and culture across functional areas.
• Designed deliverables for multimedia, digital ads, email, social media, collateral, sales tools, as well as internal communications, ensuring that all assets adhere to brand standards.
Marketing & Creative Manager
Brookfield Residential Properties; Austin, Tx.
5/15 – 5/16 (1 year)
• Directed team of consultants throughout the process of creative branding for multiple product lines to achieve competitive positioning, awareness and adoption in the marketplace.
• Led development, execution and roll out of go-to-market multimedia marketing plans, with an annual budget of more than $4M, tracked and reported results measured by KPIs, brand objectives and sales goals.
• Analyzed market trends, conducted buyer research, built out personas and segmented content strategies using SEO and SMO to target consumers.
• Planned and developed state-of-the-art sales centers with forward thinking customer journeys, using gamification to provide cutting-edge experiences that showcased interactive platforms, touch screens and virtual reality.
• Leveraged marketing automation tactics to deploy editorial calendars through media, social and email channels, designed to forge productive relationships with targets by giving value add content based on their needs and interests.
• Oversaw account based creative direction for all brands, providing feedback and direction to creative talent on their design, concepting and writing works.
• Utilized content management, project tracking and CRM systems to evaluate ROI, manage group of designers, production artists and copywriters, throughout the creation of traditional and digital deliverables from concept to production.
Marketing Manager & Designer
Keller Williams Realty International; Austin, Tx.
11/13 – 4/15 (1.5 years)
• Championed rebranding of coaching division, including: positioning, identity, branding and messaging for over 10 products and events. This involved rewriting and redesigning all products in the portfolio: collateral, signage, merchandise, tradeshow booth, website, emails, videos, mobile app., social media, etc.
• Strategized marketing plans, creative briefs, organized and disseminated content, tracked deadlines and troubleshot for strategic management of numerous projects produced by interdepartmental teams on daily basis.
• Owned clients’ marketing strategies, with an annual budget of $1M, tracked and reported sales goals, conversions, adoption statistics and registrations.
• Defined drip campaigns and editorial calendars: classified cadence, composed copy, designed assets, coded HTML, tested and sent nurture emails to segmented audiences of more than 100K recipients using marketing automation platforms.
• Planned, executed, tracked and analyzed digital campaign analytics across channels: Intranet, Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Marketing Manager & Designer
Nielsen Bainbridge Group; Austin, Tx.
12/12 – 11/13 (1 year)
• Key organizational liaison for internal and external fulfillment of multimedia programs. Researched, benchmarked and developed content to support sales goals, budget, brand standards, product launches, consumer and stakeholder expectations.
• Led repositioning and integration of 5 brands into unified identity, relaunching online presence with 1 website designed around a content strategy, which featured eCommerce and downloadable resources, including: infographics, cheat sheets, checklists, demos, guides, tutorials, deals and incentives.
• Redesigned tradeshow booth to reflect new identity, managed team of vendors throughout the conceptual, development and build phases, to display set up at nationwide events.
• Grew external design and production resources by hiring and managing contractors, with an annual budget of $2M, delegating responsibilities among these teams using CRM, SOW and project/creative briefs.
• Managed sizeable intellectual property portfolio consisting of more than 30 marks, ensuring legalities and applications for renewals were processed through multiple legal entities.
Marketing Communications Manager
SCAD - The University for Creative Careers; Savannah, Ga.
1/10 – 12/12 (3 years)
• Directed corporate marketing operations, providing superior client service to more than 10 business units, managing an annual budget of $1M, and promoting the university’s most profitable academic programs.
• Led interdisciplinary teams to execute marketing, communications, advertising and accreditation initiatives that propelled institutional growth into international markets, including: Honk Kong, France and eLearning campuses.
• Drove utilization and coordination of multimedia content, which involved designing, testing, sending and assessing assets using CMS and CRM systems. Including, but not limited to: emails, websites, social media, print, advertising, PR, videos, portal and public applications.
Graphic Designer | Fall Graduate Fellowship
Cooking Light Magazine
Time Inc.; New York, N.Y.
8/09 – 10/09 (3 months)
• Designed and managed production of collateral for advertising events and campaigns.
• Ideated and designed marketing, advertising and advertorial book components.
• Assisted art direction, styling, and photography of products and collateral at photo shoots.
• Worked directly with art, creative, marketing and research directors to support daily projects and tasks.
Design Management/Product Development | Summer Graduate Internship
American Greetings; Cleveland, Oh.
6/09 – 8/09 (3 months)
• Selected as graduate product development intern after competitive portfolio review process.
• Managed phase research and prototype testing for retail trial network.
• Coordinated financial statements, line lists, price points and product captions.
• Researched and developed creative product for prototype ideation and refinement.
• Assisted in new business development for confidential partnerships.
• Collaborated with Invention Lab to design creative product.
Account Executive & Graphic Designer | Summer Internship
Bluezoom; Greensboro, N.C.
5/08 – 9/08 (4 months)
• Designed, printed and comped layouts, ads and collateral for client presentations.
• Created concepts and managed production of marketing plans and re-branding campaigns.
• Conducted research and development for marketing and advertising plans.
• Supported executives in client presentations, pitches and account negotiations.
Graphic Designer | Fall-Spring Internship
Office of Creative Services
UNC; Greensboro, N.C.
11/07 – 6/08 (8 months)
• Worked closely with creative, art, photography and marketing directors throughout publication process.
• Participated in and contributed to story development, creative direction and execution.
• Designed, printed and comped layouts, invitations and brochures for university.
• Assisted on photo shoots, with photo color correction and in technical print processes.
Marketing Coordinator & Graphic Designer
Office of Technology Transfer
UNC; Greensboro, N.C.
5/07 – 6/08 (1 year)
• Assessed marketability and patentability of intellectual property.
• Performed competitive market inquiries and analyses for disclosed inventions.
• Composed and designed client proposals, marketing plans, and presentations.
• Integration and implementation for inventory database and tech transfer management.
Marketing Assistant & Graphic Designer
Office of Recruitment
UNC Hospitals Blood Center; Durham, N.C.
11/02 – 3/04 (1.5 years)
• Managed marketing and creative needs for 3 blood centers at separate locations.
• Created concepts, designed, produced and delivered marketing collateral.
• Assisted lead recruiter in account management and recruitment.
• Implemented clinical and office supply inventory organizational system.